Crash when locking with search UI open
Enjoying the new beta since it fixed one of my biggest annoyances with KeepassX (bug #275, close database when locking).
Unfortunately it seems to have introduced a nasty new bug for me. Running on OSX 10.10.4.
1) Unlock database
2) Open search UI (cmd+F on Mac). Type something or don't.
3) Lock the database. (Including automatic lock after time set by user.)
4) KeepassX has crashed ("KeepassX quit unexpectedly.")
5) Reopen KeepassX and meet your new popup friend: "The database you are trying to open is locked by another instance of KeePassX." He won't go away until you remove the ".[database].lock" file.
Happens every time. Can someone please see if they can reproduce this? On my platform and/or otherwise.
Close search before locking database and add additional check on current group.
Also: doesn't crash if you open the search UI, then close it (hit escape).
- Target version set to 2.0 Beta 2
- Priority changed from Normal to High
Thanks for reporting. I can reproduce this on Linux.
Will look into it.
The lock file handling seems also a bit broken on OS X but that's a separate issue.
I can reproduce it with OS X 10.10.4.
Right after the DB is locked, an error report from OS X shows up (see attached error file)
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Duplicated by Bug #314: Frequent crashes of Beta1 on OSX El Capitan added
Are there plans to put out a new beta build with this fix some time soon?
- Duplicated by Bug #318: repeated crashes on OSX Yosemite & El Capitan since moving from 2.0alpha6 -> 2.0beta1 added
- Duplicated by Bug #330: Crash after wait a while on Find in Mac OS X added
- Duplicated by Bug #332: Crashes on autolock after searching added
- Duplicated by Bug #335: Locking the Database during search crashes with EXC_BAD_ACCESS added
- Duplicated by Bug #336: OSX 10.10.5 Crash on auto lock added
Also available in: Atom